Welcome to the Kathryn Hughes Elementary YMCA After School Program.
Here is some basic YMCA information:
- We are open all school days, Monday-Friday, from the time students get out of school until 6:00 pm
- We are not open on school breaks and teacher in-service days.
- Our cost is pending for the 2022-2023 school year. Monthly costs are based on number of school days for that month.
- We are a grant funded program and there are components we must do daily.
- Every day consists of: physical activity, one hour of homework assistance, and an enrichment type activity. Students will also receive a supper (large snack). All students must participate in all components of the day.
- We currently accept 1st-5th grade, but our goal is to enroll 2nd-5th first. If we have room we will add first graders. If you are interested in the program, please join our interest list and a YMCA staff will contact you if a spot becomes available. Please note, the interest list is for the current school year. If you are submitting your interest for a future school year, please check back in May.
YMCA Attendance Policy
The YMCA After School Program has a very strict attendance policy and all enrolled families abide by this policy. We are an After School Enrichment Program and not a day care, we have certain components we need to follow in order to receive our grant funding. Our rules for attendance are as followed:
- All students enrolled in the YMCA must participate M-F. This mean if they attended school, they must also attend the YMCA. No child will be allowed to have part time hours.
- Children must be signed out daily by a parent or caregiver. Parent or caregiver must also be ready to show ID.
Families who are not abiding by our attendance policies may be dropped from our program. If you have any questions regarding our attendance policy, please email Crystal Macdonald at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*** Please remember to call or email if your child will not be attending the YMCA for the day. Don’t forget to include reason child will not be attending.
Interest List Coming Soon.