Report an Absence
Please call the 24-hour attendance line at 408-423-1505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave the following information:
- State and spell the student's name.
- Date of absence.
- Reason for absence (illness, medical appointment, etc.)
- Caller name, phone number, and relationship to student.
*** A call or email must be made for each day that a student will be absent.
Regular and on-time attendance is essential for a child's success in school. It is also a requirement established by the State of California State Education Code and Administrative Code, Title V. Some key excerpts from these sources are:
- Students shall attend school punctually and regularly.
- Students shall be required to provide validation of absence for health reasons.
- Students shall remain on school grounds during the entire day unless granted permission to leave by authorized personnel.